Photo by Aslan Chalom.
The Rockefeller Family Estate Expands to Include New Artists and Audiences
In 1994, the Rockefeller estate was renamed the Pocantico Center, bequeathed by the family to the National Trust for Historic Preservation and managed by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund. The 216-acre campus began drawing visitors for tours of Kykuit, filled with art and furnishings collected by generations of Rockefellers, and gatherings hosted at the conference center in a repurposed barn.
This month, the David Rockefeller Creative Arts Center has opened on the property in the long-dormant Orangerie, which was designed in 1908 for Rockefeller’s orange trees after the greenhouse at Versailles, and has been adapted by FXCollaborative into a flexible performance and rehearsal space, gallery and artists’ studio.
Continue reading in the New York Times.