Photo courtesy of Basmeh & Zeitoonah.
For Grant Seekers
Rockefeller Brothers Fund staff are highly engaged in the fields where we provide support and actively identify organizations that are well-positioned to meet programmatic goals.
Less than one percent of unsolicited grant applications result in funding.
Before you consider submitting a grant application, please review program guidelines and recent grants to determine if your work aligns with one of our current programs.
|Thematic Programs||Pivotal Place Programs|
|Democratic Practice||Central America|
|Culpeper Arts & Culture|
To be eligible for a grant, organizations must be tax-exempt or seeking support for a project that would qualify as educational or charitable.
We Do Not Fund
- Support to individuals for any purpose, including education, health care, travel, or attendance at conferences.
- Meetings, publications, or films, including documentaries, unless directly related to a Fund-supported project. (If you're interested in hosting a meeting at The Pocantico Center, you can learn more here.)
- Youth activities, including sports, afterschool, and exchange programs.
- Capital expenses, including the construction and renovation of buildings.
- Lobbying, as well as the planning or organizing of lobbying activities.
- Tickets or tables at galas and other fundraising events.
If you are unsure about whether you qualify for funding, please email us before beginning a grant application. Given the demands for the time of our staff, we are unable to accept grant applications sent by email or to arrange meetings with program staff to discuss unsolicited grant proposals.
If your organization or project is not a fit for the RBF programs, you may be able to find funding elsewhere. Candid provides resources to help you find foundations, browse requests for proposals, and apply for scholarships and fellowships.
If you believe that your project is a good fit for the RBF's support, you can submit a grant request. You will be prompted to create an account on our online portal and then respond to questions about your organization and the work for which you are seeking support. While the review process is generally completed within three months, the exact timeline may vary. The RBF rarely funds unsolicited grant requests.
The Culpeper Arts & Culture program only considers unsolicited requests during its annual call for proposals. Please do not submit requests for Arts & Culture support through the unsolicited grant request.