Mission-Aligned Investing At A Glance
- The mission of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund is to advance social change that contributes to a more just, sustainable, and peaceful world.
- As of June 30, 2019, the market value of the Fund’s total investment assets was $1.23 billion.
- Each year, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund is required by law to distribute 5% of its endowment for charitable purposes.
Fossil Fuel Divestment
- The Rockefeller Brothers Fund announced it would divest from all fossil fuels in April 2014.
- As of March 31, 2019, the Fund’s exposure to coal and tar sands is less than 0.2 percent of our total portfolio. (At the time of the RBF’s first comprehensive analysis of its exposure in April 2014, it was 1.6 percent.)
- As of March 31, 2019, the Fund’s total fossil fuel exposure is estimated to be 1.2 percent. (In April 2014, it was 6.6 percent.)
- The Fund defines impact investments as investments that both deliver market-grade returns and generate meaningful and measurable impact toward the Fund’s mission.
- The Fund has set a current portfolio allocation target of 20 percent for impact investments.
- As of June 30, 2019, the Fund has $166,200,000 committed to impact investments, or approximately 13.5 percent of its total endowment.
- ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance screening criteria.
- In addition to its impact investments, the Fund has $266,588,543 in ESG investments, comprising approximately 21.7 percent of its total endowment, as of June 2019.
- Endowment Summary
- Divestment Statement [PDF]
- Investment Policy [PDF]
- Mission-Aligned Investment Efforts [PDF]
- Proxy-Voting Guidelines [PDF]
- Case Study: Investors Can Pursue Impact Without Sacrificing Returns [PDF]
- Assessing Mission-Aligned Investment Efforts: Progress and Challenges [PDF]
- For media and public speaking inquiries, please contact Sarah Edkins Lien, Director of Communications, at [email protected]