Mission-Aligned Investing At A Glance
- The mission of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund is to advance social change that contributes to a more just, sustainable, and peaceful world.
- As of December 31, 2018, the market value of the Fund’s total investment assets was $1.11 billion.
- Each year, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund is required by law to distribute 5% of its endowment for charitable purposes.
Fossil Fuel Divestment
- The Rockefeller Brothers Fund announced it would divest from all fossil fuels in April 2014.
- As of December 31, 2018, the Fund’s exposure to coal and tar sands oil is less than 0.2 percent of our total portfolio. (At the time of the RBF’s first comprehensive analysis of its exposure in April 2014, it was 1.6 percent.)
- As of December 31, 2018, the Fund’s total fossil fuel exposure is estimated to be 1.4 percent. (In April 2014, it was 6.6 percent.)
- The Fund defines impact investments as investments that both deliver market-grade returns and generate meaningful and measurable impact toward the Fund’s mission.
- The Fund has set a current portfolio allocation target of 20 percent for impact investments.
- As of January 2019, the Fund has $166,300,000 in impact investments, or approximately 15 percent of its total endowment.
- ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance screening criteria.
- In addition to its impact investments, the Fund has $225,148,533 in ESG investments, comprising approximately 20 percent of its total endowment, as of December 31, 2018.
- Endowment Summary [PDF]
- Divestment Statement [PDF]
- Investment Policy [PDF]
- Mission-Aligned Investment Efforts [PDF]
- Proxy-Voting Guidelines [PDF]
- For media and public speaking inquiries, please contact Sarah Edkins Lien, Director of Communications, at [email protected]