Under its agreement with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the RBF's stewardship of the Pocantico Historic Area includes overseeing the maintenance, care, conservation, and restoration of the historic buildings, gardens and collections of decorative and fine art.
Historic Structures & Collections
Initially completed in 1908 by architects Delano and Aldrich for John D. Rockefeller, the structure was altered in 1913 and the four-story Beaux-Arts villa as it stands today reflects the classical influence of architect William Welles Bosworth, who also designed the gardens. Kykuit has been the home to four generations of Rockefeller family members. Read more
This multi-purpose building was originally designed by the New York architectural firm of York & Sawyer in 1902. Modifications to the interior of the Coach Barn were made by Delano and Aldrich, architects of the 1908 Kykuit, and later to the exterior by William Welles Bosworth, who added towers and reduced the pitch of the roof to reflect his 1913 design of Kykuit. Bosworth also designed Kykuit’s gardens and the Orangerie. Read more
The RBF assumed stewardship of a house designed by architect Marcel Breuer in January, 2007. Breuer, was originally commissioned to design an exhibition building for the Museum of Modern Art as part of a series of exhibition buildings to be displayed in their museum's garden. Read more
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund's stewardship of the Pocantico Historic Area includes overseeing the maintenance, care, conservation, and restoration of the historic buildings, gardens, and collections of decorative and fine art. The Pocantico Historic Area includes numerous private gardens and natural landscapes. Read more