Photo by Margaret Fox.
featuring a special performance by Brooklyn Raga Massive
David Rockefeller Creative Arts Center at Pocantico
Tickets: (Registration is full)
Join us for our inaugural Community Day at the David Rockefeller Creative Arts Center (DR Center). The event will include family-friendly performances, hands-on art activities and gallery tours, a visual artists’ open studio, family yoga sessions, bilingual Spanish-English story time, and garden activities. Complimentary food will be provided from 12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. by local vendors Abeetz pizza truck and Jimmy’s Soft Serve.
Following Community Day activities, a 3:00 p.m. performance by Brooklyn Raga Massive will present a synergistic exploration of India’s classical music, raga, and contemporary music. Through a groundbreaking improvisational conducting approach, the orchestra creates a vivid tapestry of harmonious sound that reflects the immigrant experience and demonstrates how diverse cultures enrich one another in profound ways. This performance, Ragama by Go: Organic Orchestra, is presented in partnership with the RBF Culpeper Arts & Culture program.
Free tickets for the Community Day activities and the Brooklyn Raga Massive performance must be reserved separately.
Community Day Highlights
11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
In the Performance Space
- Enjoy an interactive performance showcasing the rich traditions of Colombia by Folklore Urbano NYC’s Cumbia for Kids.
- Join Mrs. Barbara from the Warner Library for bilingual Spanish-English nature and art-inspired stories, interactive songs, poetry, and rhymes for all ages.
- Take a family-friendly, open-level yoga class with Blackbird Soul Yoga.
On the Terrace
- Mix art and chemistry with the Westchester Children’s Museum.
- Explore rocks and minerals with the Rockefeller State Park Preserve.
- Learn about seed cycles with our garden volunteers and take home a plant.
- Join the Tarrytown Environmental Advisory Committee for a composting demo and recycling game.
- Stretch your creative muscles at the Community Mail! drop-in card-making table with Wild Art + Play.
- Learn what plants are in season with a coloring activity by the Tarrytown-Sleepy Hollow Farmers Market.
- Face painting will be available through FunFaces By Brenda.
- Complete a hands-on art activity with the Katonah Museum of Art inspired by their Miniature Worlds exhibition.
- Complimentary food will be provided from 12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. by local vendors Abeetz pizza truck and Jimmy’s Soft Serve.
- Meet 2023 Pocantico Prize winner artist-in-residence Amaryllis DeJesus Moleski and view her works in progress.
- Take a family-friendly tour of our inaugural gallery exhibition, Inspired Encounters: Women Artists and the Legacies of Modern Art.
- Engage with an Inspired Encounters-related touch table and collage activity.
- View the Pocantico Community Arts Residency Recipient Arts10566 Student Art Exhibition.
A Special Performance by Brooklyn Raga Massive
Celebrate the start of the Culpeper Summer Performance Series with an invigorating performance of classical and contemporary Indian music by Brooklyn Raga Massive. Presented in partnership with the RBF Culpeper Arts & Culture program.
Seating in the performance space is not guaranteed and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. An additional viewing area will be available on the terrace.